Soups & Salads
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
- 15 oz can Canned Pumpkin
- 1/4 C Bacon, diced
- 3 C Chicken Broth 99% Fat Free
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Marcum Coarse Black Pepper
- 4 T Sour Cream
- 1/3 C White Onion, diced
- 1/2 C Seasoned Croutons
NotesFor an extra smooth soup, carefully pour into a blender and puree. Whenever pureeing hot liquids always cover your blender with a dish towel and start at low speed before moving to high speed to prevent splatter.
- In a 3 Qt sauce pot, brown Farmington bacon over medium heat until it starts to become crisp.
- Add onions to the pot containing the bacon and its grease. Season with a pinch of salt.
- Cook for about 5 minutes until onions become translucent.
- Add Kaskey's chicken broth, Ginger Evans pumpkin, and Marcum spices to the pot. Simmer for 10 minutes
- Ladle the soup into bowls. Garnish each bowl with a dollop of Coburn Farms sour cream and a couple of Portmann's croutons.
- Serve and Enjoy!