Make the smart choice this school year and save more on your back to school groceries at Save-A-Lot!
We're happy to save you up to 40% more and those savings really add up! You'll find everything you need for lunchbox snacks, breakfast on the go, and easy weeknight dinners.
5 Non-Sandwich Lunches
Tired of sandwiches for lunch? Check out our 5 Non-Sandwich lunches to shake up your lunch box menu!
Mini Corn Dogs - Try making homemade mini corn dogs paired with your favorite dipping sauce. Also, pack apple slices with peanut butter for a delicious side.
Sausage, Cheese, and Crackers - Make your own pre-made lunch by packing your favorite smoked sausage, cheese slices, and crackers! Kids will have fun building their own bites! Grapes make a great side for this lunch.
Banana & Peanut Butter Roll Up - Picky eater? Try packing a peanut butter and banana roll up with some of your favorite toppings - like chocolate chips! This tortilla roll up is packed with protein and sure to keep them full throughout the day. Include cubed cheese and berries as a side.
Nachos - Pack nachos using compartment lunch box with all of your favorite toppings! Using the separate compartments will make sure your tortilla chips stay crunchy! Pack a granola bar or a cheese quesadilla as a side!
Salad - Salad doesn't have to be boring - grill some chicken or steak at the beginning of the week so you can have a healthy protein to include. Make sure to pack your dressing in a separate container or plastic baggy to make sure your salad doesn't get soggy! Note: Not a fan of chicken/steak? Try hard boiled eggs for some added protein!
Want to avoid the Brown Bag Blues? Take a look at our easy tips for keeping your kiddos excited about what's inside of their lunchbox!
- Double Duty Dinner: Use leftovers for lunch. Extra chicken nuggets or holiday leftovers are great the next day!
- Get Creative: Surprise them with fun shaped meals using cookie cutters or fun fruit faces.
- Get the Kids Involved: Encourage kids to help pack lunches by making a sandwich or picking a side.
- Heat It Up: There's nothing like a warm meal on a chilly day. Keep it warm in a thermos.
- Keep it Cool: Pack a frozen drink to keep everything cold. By lunch, it will be thawed and ready to drink!
- Make it Special: Include a special note or treat to put a smile on their face.
- Mix it Up: Try not to pack the same thing every day. Mix it up with a new drink or side.